Thursday, November 15, 2007

Paula Deen's Pineapple Casserole


My husband's Aunt made the best treat for Thanksgiving last year....a pineapple casserole. Her computer crashed and she lost the recipe before I could get my hands on it. I found this one in my trusty Lady and Sons cookbook. I think it is even better than his Aunt's :P This can be served as a dessert or a side dish.


1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 20-oz. cans pineapple chunks~drained (reserve 6 tablespoons juice)
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour. Gradually stir in cheese. Add pineapple and stir well. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Combine cracker crumbs, butter, and pineapple juice and spread on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes...or until golden brown.

No comments: