Monday, February 7, 2011

Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken








Yuuummm!  This recipe might not be the best looking dish you will ever prepare, but it sure is good.  It's a great recipe for when you are short on time (for me that's every single day) and it only has a few ingredients.  It got major bonus points for being a slow cooker recipe....but.....you can also just throw your chicken in frozen!  Insert happy dance ;-)
I served mine over some white rice, and my hubby went nuts over it.  I usually have these ingredients on hand, so I can throw this together anytime I'm having a busy week. (Which is more often than not)


I originally found this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers (Christy, The Girl Who Ate Everything).  You can find the link to her original recipe HERE!  


4 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained 
1 (15 oz) jar of your favorite salsa
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese


Place chicken in slow cooker.  Add black beans, salsa, and corn.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked.  Once chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and shred it using two forks.  Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.  Add 1 package cream cheese.  Seriously, just throw it on top of everything!  Cover and cook for 1/2 hour.  Don't worry if things look a little strange at this point.  Just stir in the cream cheese and everything will come together.  
Serve over rice, or in warm four tortillas!







No comments: