Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Magic Cookie Bars!




These are one of my favorite fall treats! I can remember my mom making these and packing them in my lunch when I was a kid. The butterscotch chips add a nice flavor :)


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 cup semisweet chips

1 1/3 flaked coconut

1 cup chopped pecans (or your fav nut)

Melt the butter in a 9x13-inch pan in a 350-degree oven. After butter is melted...sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts; press with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown. Let stand until cool. Cut into bars. Store covered, at room temperature. Makes about one dozen!

No comments: