Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Lady's Cheesy Mac





Keeping with my southern...Paula inspired cooking this weekend I decided to break down and finally cook The Lady's Cheesy Mac. I have never been a big fan of baked mac and cheese...but after trying it on our trip...I was sold! The sour cream and the milk just make it super creamy. It was sooo cheesy and good...me and my hungry hubby just ate it up! As Mark's crazy grandmother says "it will make you think you're there when you're not" :)


4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained (approx. 2 cups uncooked)

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

3 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk, or equivalent in evaporated milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After macaroni has been boiled and drained, add cheddar cheese while macaroni is still hot. Combine remaining ingredients and add to macaroni mixture. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese!

1 comment:

bethanyjg said...

I love this recipe! The sour cream definitely puts it over the top!